Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Understanding Property Distribution In Rhode Island



 Someone who doesn't have a lot of experience in legal battles may have certain assumptions about how the divorce process works. A common assumption about divorce is that all marital property is divided in half. This is not the case for each state.
 Because Rhode Island is an equitable state, the division of assets is not based on who has their name on each asset. The judge considers the following when distributing property:
- Duration of marriage
- The conduct of each spouse during the marriage and divorce proceedings
- The contribution of the spouse considered to be the homemaker, if applicable
- Age and health of each spouse
- Ability to obtain gainful employment
- Amount of money invested by one spouse for the other spouse's training and education

In order to file for divorce in Rhode Island you must prove residency for at least one year. You can file for no-fault or fault based grounds in Rhode Island because it is a mixed state. No-fault divorce will be granted for irreconcilable differences, or if you have been separated and living apart for at least three years. Fault based grounds are as follows:

- adultery
- impotence
- drug abuse
- extreme cruelty
- continued drunkenness
- any other lewd or cruel behavior

Going through this process can be scary if you attempt to do it alone. Make sure to do your research and contact an experienced Rhode Island divorce lawyer.

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I have been separated coming close to 6 months. Initially I thought yeah I’ll be free but God revealed to me that it was his plan to move on with my best friend and which my best friend has already told me that she will destroy my home when we had little misunderstanding. I asked about reconciling but my husband says he is way better off without us (son 2 years). I was so trusting God for a miracle and hopefully a friend of mine back then in college came to visit me although Emma my friend hails from west Africa so she told me about Dr Itua Voodoo priest who has strong powerful in reconciling broken marriage so I decided to give a try so helpfully Dr Itua help me with love spell and he promised that after the whole process that my husband will call me to reconcile with me, I was very sure of it because I well knew about Africa with voodoo powers, On Sunday morning after coming back from church with my son Carl. I got a call from him apologizing to me and he came back home to me and now we are happy together as a married couple.I thank Dr Itua voodoo priest who save my marriage with his love spell.… please uphold this message testimony and don't give up if you are going through the same problem also be strong in prayer as well.
    Contact Dr Itua on WhatsApp & Email, +2348149277967 & drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete